The microSHIFT M55 has a certain style. Perhaps it is a touch derivative of a SRAM design, and the inner parallelogram plate would not be out of place on the tackiest Chinese copy of a Shimano Tourney - but these things apart, the M55 looks and feels pleasant.
Another interesting effort from microSHIFT.
- Derailleur brands: microSHIFT
- Country: Taiwan
- Date of introduction: 2008
- Date of this example: 2007?
- Model no.: M55
- Weight: 227g
- Maximum cog: 34 teeth (source: microSHIFT)
- Total capacity: 45 teeth (source: microSHIFT)
- Pulley centre to centre: 98mm
- Index compatibility: 9 speed
- Chain width: 3/32”
- Logic: top normal
- B pivot: two pivots, front sprung and rear unsprung
- Materials: Largely aluminium (including the hanger bolt), with plastic front knuckle and steel inner parallelogram plate.