This is a brilliant catalogue, packed with information, confidence and character.
I particularly notice:
- The claimed production of 600,000 derailleurs per year (page 1).
- Page 10, demonstrating the multiplicity of uses of a Simplex derailleur. Who can resist the ‘concours d’élégance’ look combining white socks, white pedal-pusher dungaress and a jaunty little hat with a meringue on top.
- The fascinating, atmospheric, photos of the Simplex factory on page 12. You can almost hear Lucien Juy claiming that his workforce are like family to him, while the workers themselves discretely roll their eyes and dutifully say nothing.
- Publisher: Simplex
- Country: France
- Date: 1939
- Derailleur brands: Simplex
- Derailleurs: Simplex Route Léger, Simplex Route Extra Léger, Simplex Champion du Monde, Simplex Tour de France, Simplex Standard