The Shimano Lark is a Skylark with the cable clamp bolt mounted on a sprung ‘cable saver’ arm. I have always liked this feature as it gives a pleasant supple feel to the gear change.
I think this example is the first version with the aluminium(?) nameplate and screw pulley cage stop.
- Derailleur brands: Shimano
- Categories: Shimano - from Skylark to world domination
- Country: Japan
- Date of introduction: 1967?
- Date of this example: 1967? (date code is 4M, ‘333’ marking on pulleys)
- Model no.: unknown
- Weight: 357g including hanger plate
- Maximum cog: 28 teeth
- Total capacity: 28 teeth
- Pulley centre to centre: 54mm
- Index compatibility: friction
- Chain width: 3/32”
- Logic: top normal
- B pivot: sprung
- P pivot: sprung
- Materials: steel