The design of this Jóka derailleur is an amalgam of the Favorit Special and the Ofmega Mistral. The rear knuckle and adjustment screws are pure Favorit Special. The use of plastic, the cable clamp and stops and the big Allen bolts at the pivots are pure Ofmega Mistral. Like the Mistral it is light.
A Polish bike mechanic that I know sneered at this Jóka, and referred to it as ‘junk’ - but I am not so sure. Many people thought the Ofmega Mistral was cheap tat, but I rather liked it.
- Derailleur brands: Jóka
- Country: Poland
- Date of introduction: 1988?
- Date of this example: unknown
- Model no.: unknown
- Weight: 194g
- Maximum cog: 26 teeth?
- Total capacity: 26 teeth?
- Pulley centre to centre: 45mm
- Index compatibility: unknown
- Chain width: 3/32”
- Logic: top normal
- B pivot: two pivots, front sprung and rear unsprung
- Materials: plastic with a steel inner pulley cage plate