As derivatives (copies) of the Campagnolo Nuovo Record go, this is a good one. I like the placing of the adjustment screws and I like the chunky look. This version also has the Galli logo on the outer pulley cage plate - a pleasing touch. Strangely, this derailleur is 10g lighter than my silver example.
This particular example is finished in 'Gunmetal Grey' anodising.
In terms of the variables that seem to define Galli models, this example has:
- an Allen-key hanger bolt,
- a B knuckle with a large reinforcing 'gusset' under the cable outer stop,
- an outer parallelogram plate with a rectangular area of 'small dots' around the logo, and a high-mounted cable clamp arm, giving a high actuation ratio,
- a straight pulley cage with the Galli logo,
- unbranded pulley wheels,
- a hex head cable clamp bolt.
- Derailleur brands: Galli
- Themes: A riot of colour, Ultra-lightweight - road racing models
- Country: Italy
- Date of introduction: 1976?
- Date of this example: unknown
- Model no.: unknown
- Weight: 183g
- Maximum cog: 26 teeth? (Sutherland’s 4th edition)?
- Total capacity: 22 teeth? (Sutherland’s 4th edition)?
- Pulley centre to centre: 46mm
- Index compatibility: friction
- Chain width: 3/32”
- Logic: top normal
- B pivot: unsprung
- P pivot: sprung
- Materials: aluminum